This posting today comes from Dan Lewis at SUNY Plattshburgh for the Web Editor position that’s existed for several years at that school.
The Web Editor oversees site design and content development on a daily operational level, and evaluates readiness for publication.
The Editor’s principal responsibilities require him to:
- Assist campus stakeholders in building effective and strategic web sites, enhancing the look, content and user-orientations that the Web demands, and editing their proposed Web material to ensure greatest user satisfaction
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing primarily to
- use the Web for building personalized, integrated, and strategic relationships between the college and external constituents;
- support recruitment;
- maintain a consistent image/identity representation for the college; and advance the greater strategic initiatives of Plattsburgh State.
- Work closely with Computing and Media Services staff, particularly the Web System Administrator
“Content Providers” who work with Web Editors
You can also visit http://www.plattsburgh.edu/intranet/webresources/roles.php where you’ll find “Roles and Responsibilities in the Web Development Process” for “Content Providers” and how those people relate to the Web Editor. Many of you will find useful info here to help you on your own campus.
Dan’s email address is email@example.com if you want to ask questions about the Plattsburgh experience over the past several years.