Mike Jung has sent along the position announcement used at Saint Mary’s College of California in the search for a Web Editor that Mike has just been hired to fill. As I get more of these from time to time, I’ll post them as a blog resource for people looking to start or fill positions like this on other campuses.
I’m adding a new category on the blog for “Web Editor Descriptions” to make these a bit easier to find than leaving them only in the “Writing for the Web” category.
Thanks to Mike for sending this along.
Saint Mary’s College invites applications for a full-time, exempt Web Editor position to guide development and placement of content on the College’s website.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field and five (5) to seven (7) years experience overseeing creation, placement and maturation of Web and related digital content, advanced degree highly desirable or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with web-based technology in higher education institutions or similar settings highly desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively deploy Web-based strategies and tactics to support institutional brand, marketing and related objectives.
• Demonstrated experience guiding Web site redesign processes desirable.
• Experience utilizing Web publishing software, including DreamWeaver, required.
• Knowledge of AP editorial style required.