Web Content Coordinator Postion
Time for another addition to the list of position descriptions for web content editors and similar spots. Today’s comes from a 2-year SUNY college. Applications are being taken now. If you’re interested, visit the original listing at SUNY Orange.
More than 12 other descriptions are here on the blog.
From “Duties in Brief”:
- “Managing a strategic web editorial program” from the Advancement area.
- A “primary focus” on “information content, site currency, and visual design.”
- “Oversight” of social networking communication strategy.
- “The ideal candidate will possess superior writing and editing skills and a keen eye for compelling visual design.”
Among the “Qualifications”:
- “A proficient knowledge of HTML, social networking platforms, and web accessibility standards, as well as demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite and PhotoShop.”
- “A working knowledge of Dreamweaver and Flash software programs.”
- “An ability to analyze web traffic data and an understanding of CSS and Fireworks software programs.”
- At least a bachelor’s degree; master’s preferred.
Salary: Minimum of $39,000.
If you don’t yet have a position like this on your campus, keep pleading, praying, and proposing. Despite scarce resources, or perhaps because of them, web content is getting more attention than ever before as print publications are moved online.
New Writing Right for the Web Webinar
Writing for the web isn’t quite the same as writing for print publications. Learn about the “5-second rule.” The value of short paragraphs. Links that motivate. And more.
Register for my next “Writing Right for the Web” webinar at www.academicimpressions.com/web_conferences/1209-web-writing.php
That’s all for now.