When concern about the cost of a college degree is high and growing, what better way to generate enrollment leads than a series of emails to let people know that they “prequalify” for a $5,550 Pell Grant.
- “Deadline Soon: Get a $5,550 Pell Grant. You Prequalify!” (December 14)
- “Your $5,550 Pell Grant. You Prequalify!” (December 16)
- “Your $5,550 Pell Grant. You Prequalify!” (December 19)
Dear Yahoo! Mail Usēr:
The US Governmënt gives out MILLIÒNS of Dȯllars worth ǒf $5,550 Pell Grants
each year. The Ɓest Part: You never have to pay them back!
IF ΫOU ARE A US CITIZEN, YOU PREQUALIFY!
Don’t mĭss out on this AMAZING opportunity to ĩmprove your way of life!
You are urgȩd to apply TOĐAY as there are a limited numbér
of $5,550 Ğrants giύen out each ȳear.
Follow the link “to apply” and you’ll see the names of six schools participating in this lead gen effort:
- American Intercontinental University
- Westwood College
- Colorado Christian University
- Liberty University
- ITT Technical Institute
- Virginia College
- zip code (49068)
- academic program interest area (marketing & communications)
- age (26)
- year of high school graduation or GED receipt (2006)
- highest level of education (bachelor’s)
- degree level desired (master’s degree)
- were any of the credits earned outside the U.S. (no)
- how many months from now do I plan to enroll (4 to 6)
- am I a U.S. citizen (yes)
- am I “affiliated” with the U.S. military (no)
- name, mailing and email addresses, preferred phone number(s)
Having answered those questions, I can now see the promised four institutions that might be good for me:
- California InterContinental University (Top Ranked for Best Value)
- Lasell College (Top Ranked for Best Academics)
- Baker College Online
- St. Leo University Online