January Application Deadline Drives 14 Email Recruitment Contacts
- January 1: The “private university in Massachusetts” is running out of new material. Today’s email again features a video with current students talking about why they like this place. Good video but I’ve seen it before. More than once.
- January 4: A “Fast-Forward” email from the “private college in upstate NY” reminds me of the benefits I’ll receive if I apply by January 5.
- January 4: the “private university in Massachusetts” reminds me in the subject line that “there’s still time to apply” before reinforcing 5 reasons why this is the right place for me and reminding me of the January 15 deadline in the text.
- January 8: A new email from the “most selective university” crams 8 links with news of what students are doing during the winter break into 4 paragraphs with no space between them. Maybe just a bit too much news in a hard-to-read format. And yes, a reminder of a January 15 application deadline.
- January 8: Unlike our first email today, this one from the “private university in Rhode Island” is easy to scan quickly to see the three reasons why I should get my application to this school by the January 15 deadline.
- January 9: January 5 has passed but those “Fast-Forward” perks from the “private college in upstate NY” are still available if I apply by the regular January 15 deadline.
- January 13: A reminder from the “private college in upstate NY” that only 2 days are left to get the benefits from my “Fast-Forward” application.
- January 14: the “private university in Rhode Island” is back with a reminder of the January 15 application deadline including a link to the “Class of 1017 Application Guide.”
- January 15: The deadline is midnight tonight for the “Fast-Forward” application at the “private college in upstate NY.”
- January 16: The director of admissions at the “private college in upstate NY” has been able to get me “one extra day” to send in my “Fast-Forward” application.
- January 22: The extra day has passed but the “private college in upstate NY” is back asking me for my “Fast-Forward” application. No deadline is mentioned in this one.
- February 1: The new deadline to send my “Fast-Forward” application to the “private college in upstate NY” is February 15. Might this really be the last one? Anyone want to bet?
Subscribe to “Your Higher Education Marketing Newsletter” and “Link of the Week” selections at http://www.bobjohnsonconsulting.com/newsletter-subscribe.html