Success After Graduation… A Most Unusual Presentation
Everyone wants to know… if I (or my child) graduate from your university, can I expect to have a successful career? That’s an especially important question for liberal arts colleges and universities where the connection between learning and career success isn’t always immediate.
Drew University presents an unusually designed mix of facts and stories to bolster confidence in the value of a Drew degree. It takes a little scrolling but visitors quickly come upon:
- The usual number for people employed a year after graduation (95%) and another for unemployed (3.5%).
- A list of 21 employers and 25 professional and graduate schools.
- My favorite: 9 easy-to-scan image labels that lead to brief student stories that quickly show the diversity of career possibilities: Building Wealth, Advancing Medicine, Rescuing Schools, Pharmacist in Training, Launching New Bands, Military Intelligence, Reinventing Theatre, In the Beauty Biz, and Thailand First.
- 7 profiles of longer term graduates spread over 1975, 1985, 1987, 1989, 2010, and 2011.
- And right at the bottom of the page, highly visible links to “Visit Campus” or “Apply Now” or “Contact Us.”
For an engaging presentation of what people have done with a Drew University degree, visit the When You Graduate page.
P.S. If you’ve been visiting, you already know this: my web editing connection remains broken and we’re still working on a fix. To scroll the complete list of 234 Link of the Week selections up to February 15, visit the original Link of the Week page.