5 Steps to Financial Aid Set Western Governors Apart from Rivals
Applying for financial aid can be one of the more complex tasks new students face when planning to enroll for a college degree. Starting with the required FAFSA application, nobody planned this to be easy. And so we look this week at how 5 universities with large online enrollments present the task of applying for financial aid to online students.
One stands out from the others: Western Governors University.
Of course, not everyone will agree. To help you decide if WGU indeed is superior to the other industry giants we’ll link you to the financial aid process pages at Arizona State Online, Purdue University Global, Southern New Hampshire University, and University of Maryland Global Campus.
Several elements stand out about this WGU financial aid page:
- You immediately see that there are only 5 steps here… that makes it seem as if everything that comes next is manageable. You’re not stepping off on a long trail through a dark forest. Note that the “Tuition & Financial Aid” page heading takes second place at the top of the page to a primary marketing message… this page will help you in “paying for college.”
- The typography is great from a “writing right for the web” standard. This easy-to-scan content passes the “don’t make them squint” test. Large heads. Nice body text. Fine spacing between sentences and paragraphs.
- Reading level is about 8th grade measured by the Readability Test Tool. Right about where it should be.
- As easy to review on a smartphone as on a lap top or desk top computer. Even in the “responsive design” age that’s not something to take for granted.
- A brief cluster of four “Common questions about financial aid.”
- If you have a question while you’re on this page, WGU gives you a chat box to ask it.
How about selected competitors?
Compare the WGU site to financial aid process pages at these competitors:
- Arizona State University Online
- Purdue University Global
- Southern New Hampshire University
- University of Maryland Global Campus
Follow the Link of the Week…
See how one online university makes the process of applying for financial aid as easy as possible when you visit “Tuition and Financial Aid” at Western Governors University.
Recommend a future Link of the Week
Add your suggestion here as a comment or send direct to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top Tasks Website Content Group on LinkedIn
Join 760 people on the Top Tasks: Higher Education Website Content group on LinkedIn.