Virginia Tech Outlines the Brand Identity and How to Implement It
More than a few colleges and universities struggle with how to get various departments and divisions to follow institution-wide brand elements. Virginia Tech takes the basic step of creating a simple, easy-to-follow outline of elements that make up “The Virginia Tech Brand.”
Listed on the opening page are 7 easy-to-scan elements:
- “Inclusive, courageous, & adaptable” brand strategy
- “What is good design?” for the brand identity
- “Master brand, extensions, & brands” of the brand architecture
- “Get your licensed merchandise!”
- “University style guide & messaging” for communicating
- “All the files you would need” to download
- “Feedback, requests & directory” leading to several contact points for the first 6 pieces.
That’s it. Different people will have different needs at different times but this display seems to cover most of what’s necessary to boost common brand elements across the university. Clean, simple, easy to follow.
Follow the Link of the Week
Experience one university’s guide to brand implementation when you visit Virginia Tech’s “Welcome to the Brand Center.”
Recommend a future Link of the Week
Always eager to get recommendations of websites that dare to be different… or just do something ordinary in a special way. Write a comment with link here or send me the link at email@example.com
Top Tasks Website Content Group on LinkedIn
Join 878 professionals interested in creating top website content on the Top Tasks: Higher Education Website Content group on LinkedIn.