20 Video Series: Davidson students speak to potential future students
One important element in persuading potential students to make a decision to attend your college or university is to let them listen to students already enrolled. Davidson College does that in a series of 20 short videos (one is 3.5 minutes, most are 2 to 3 minutes, several even shorter) that cover a great variety of topics.
Visitors to the page don’t just watch the videos at the top. You’ll see the most “love this” symbols for video #19… “Did Steph Curry go to Davidson?” The “love this” count is of course useful marketing information… the most popular topics can be built into a communication plan for other parts of the recruitment cycle.
Here’s the full topic list in scanning order:
- Why Science at a Liberal Arts College?… 13 “love this”
- What’s the Wall Academic Center… 18 “love this”
- Can I Hear from International Students?… 23 “love this”
- What is the LGBTQ+ Community Like?… 29 “love this”
- What About Ethnic & Cultural Diversity?… 22 “love this”
- How Diverse are Student Interests… 13 “love this”
- What is it like to be a Scholar Athlete?… 15 “love this”
- What is Religious Life Like on Campus?… 12 “love this”
- What is the Host Family Program?… 12 “love this”
- Can I Handle the Academics?… 18 “love this”
- Where do Students Hangout?… 18 “love this”
- Is Major & Career Advising Available?… 17 “love this”
- What is Lake Campus?… 24 “love this”
- Why Did You Choose Davidson?… 28 “love this”
- How is the Food?… 25 “love this”
- Are there International Student Clubs?… 13 “love this”
- Where do Students Study on Campus?… 18 “love this”
- Are Students Politically Engaged?… 19 “love this”
- Did Steph Curry go to Davidson?… 34 “love this”
- Is There a Davidson Jargon Cheat Sheet?… 23 “love this”
You can just watch a video… or you can also click on the prompt to “Read More” about each topic.
Opportunity for a live student connection…
There also a note at the start of the page that “If you have remaining questions about life at Davidson, please reach out to a current student” where you’ll have a chance to scan the profiles of 17 current students and make a direct contact. Important note: the profiles include the academic major so potential students might be able to connect with someone in a major that interests them.
Follow the Link of the Week
Scan and watch your favorite topics in a collection of 20 Davidson student videos for enrollment conversion when you visit “Ask a Wildcat.”
Recommend a future Link of the Week
Always eager to get recommendations of websites that dare to be different… or just do something ordinary in a special way. Write a comment with link here or send me the link at firstname.lastname@example.org
Top Tasks Website Content Group on LinkedIn
Join 868+ people on the Top Tasks: Higher Education Website Content group on LinkedIn.